My photo
Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
After 35 years as an officer with the Tulsa Police Department, I retired & took a year contract job with the Kwajalein Police Dept. The wife, Scott stayed home to take care of the places and all the critters, while I headed off for my year in a tropical paradise. I am at 90% contract complete now and planning my return to the real world. I have had an amazing time and hope that you enjoy the Atoll, through my Blog. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about my time on the Rock.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Kosrae

I stayed at the Nautilus Resort, air conditioned, clean and offered other things to do. You could not drink the tap water, only the rain water. Oh, they took my tube of toothpaste in Pohnpei-almost empty but too big a tube. A can of pop was $1.75! Their minimum wage was $1.50 while Pohnpei it was $1.35 an hour. Their TV was two weeks behind—I don’t get much TV but was hearing things on their news that I knew I had heard before.

I was the only diver there and used the resort next door to dive (still by myself). Got close to both eagle and sting rays but the best were the colorful “Christmas trees” which pop back into their hole when you scare them.

Went on a sunset cruise, met some world sailors and saw their sailboats, a couple of missionaries, and some government employees, even a lady from Collinsville!



The Island is called the "Sleeping Lady", can you see why?
Really big swells this day.