My photo
Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
After 35 years as an officer with the Tulsa Police Department, I retired & took a year contract job with the Kwajalein Police Dept. The wife, Scott stayed home to take care of the places and all the critters, while I headed off for my year in a tropical paradise. I am at 90% contract complete now and planning my return to the real world. I have had an amazing time and hope that you enjoy the Atoll, through my Blog. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about my time on the Rock.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Greg McCarty, me, Mark Knighton & Dan Gooch

After dives at the Ski Access and Emon ran back to the BQ, changed clothes (put on long pants, well jeans) and headed to the Dock Security Checkpoint (DSC). Met three other guys from the department and we caught the Ferry to Ebeye. Nixon, an ACO for the department had invited us to his wedding. Time is different here, we were told that the ceremony had been moved up to 2:30 but would go on to midnight. Catching the Ferry, was Nixon and friends taking the cake back to Ebeye. The time got moved to 7 PM, which meant that it started at 7:48. We had a light dinner at the only restaurant that I know of on the island and then on to the church. It was different and of course in a different language. There was a dinner and a dance program afterwards. We got invited by the King’s son to spend the night at the hotel but elected to go back to Kwaj as we had to be at work in the morning. We had a good time.