My photo
Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
After 35 years as an officer with the Tulsa Police Department, I retired & took a year contract job with the Kwajalein Police Dept. The wife, Scott stayed home to take care of the places and all the critters, while I headed off for my year in a tropical paradise. I am at 90% contract complete now and planning my return to the real world. I have had an amazing time and hope that you enjoy the Atoll, through my Blog. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about my time on the Rock.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tug-Of-War

What a day! Can you believe a day of fishing, catching a boat load of fish and after splitting up the cost: $25! The water was rough starting out, just as good as many of the roller coaster rides that I have ridden in the past. Later, I really enjoyed watching those waves hitting the reef, especially next to some of the uninhabited islands. We chased the bird piles getting into many strikes and landing many fish. I was using a hand line. After several fish landed, I had a large fish hit. I was mid-boat and not making much head-way. Danny grabbed the line at the aft end of the boat and moved the line away from a fishing rod. He started to pull on the line and almost got pulled in, it was a stand-off, the fish (mackerel) rolled, looking fat and every bit of 5 1/2' long, and the line broke! Oh well, I knew this was going to be a good day when we started and was asked if I was ready for some tug-of war!
Like I said the fishing was great!
These guys can really slice them up fast!
I missed the picture of Danny eating some off of the fish, after the meat had been cut off. He had a 4' fish and eating on it like a corn on the cob! I ate some but like some seasoning and more fire!