My photo
Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
After 35 years as an officer with the Tulsa Police Department, I retired & took a year contract job with the Kwajalein Police Dept. The wife, Scott stayed home to take care of the places and all the critters, while I headed off for my year in a tropical paradise. I am at 90% contract complete now and planning my return to the real world. I have had an amazing time and hope that you enjoy the Atoll, through my Blog. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about my time on the Rock.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

On the road (or rather in the air)

Things are really going very well! The kids took me out for a steak dinner last night. This morning my wife, Scott took me to the airport, (I had some doubt that she would--she does not like to get up early in the morning). My plane tickets had me going to Minneapolis and then on to Honolulu. Just as it was time to board, the agent announced that he needed someone to be bumped (for $400!) I quickly moved past the other four people that thought they might. I moved to AA and went to Dallas. There, I got on standby and caught a flight that I beat my luggage to Honolulu! Got a sandwich, hit the email at the hotel, will try to rest for a minute before catching a taxie to the Air Force Base (0200 hrs.) and a military plane to Kwajalein.