My photo
Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
After 35 years as an officer with the Tulsa Police Department, I retired & took a year contract job with the Kwajalein Police Dept. The wife, Scott stayed home to take care of the places and all the critters, while I headed off for my year in a tropical paradise. I am at 90% contract complete now and planning my return to the real world. I have had an amazing time and hope that you enjoy the Atoll, through my Blog. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about my time on the Rock.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Lots of friends to meet and hang out with.....
Check out this Stone Fish--he is a giant!

With over a dozen sharks circling the action never stopped!

These guys are truely very impressive!

At times the fish are so thick you can hardly see through them.

On my last day off, went on a wreck dive to 128’; then moved to Troy’s Coral Head for the next dive. It started raining hard before we got in, while we dove and all the way back to harbor. On the coral head dive a GIANT stone fish was discovered (while re-sitting one of the anchors, thinking about using the hole that he was hiding in to place one of the anchor hooks). While taking photos of that big guy a shark came up to check us out. When we dropped down the water was simply filled with fish. At one point there was what I would describe as a river of fish, flowing through with at one point a dozen sharks circling. There were also many large prey type fish waiting for their next victim. When the sharks cut out a fish below me, all the sharks charged over there, going into frenzy! The “river” of fish exploded into a great burst of speed. A truly impressive dive! With the weather churning up the seas and the rain pelting us in the face, we returned the boat and then went out on a shore dive. J