My photo
Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
After 35 years as an officer with the Tulsa Police Department, I retired & took a year contract job with the Kwajalein Police Dept. The wife, Scott stayed home to take care of the places and all the critters, while I headed off for my year in a tropical paradise. I am at 90% contract complete now and planning my return to the real world. I have had an amazing time and hope that you enjoy the Atoll, through my Blog. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about my time on the Rock.

Thursday, August 5, 2010












What a great day to end the work week; get off work, grab a bite to eat and head to the ocean for a night dive. We snorkeled out then dropped down for 73 minutes of pleasure. There was some sort of lobster crawling next to a large red/brown color star fish. Then a red worm that would follow the flashlight beam. There was a large fish that determined that he did not like his picture taken and swam right into a dive buddy’s head. A couple of different fern type corals and then a Tiger snake moray eel, all the way out of the rocks and swimming/crawling around. Kevin started waving his light around and gave the shark sign for the shark swimming under the coral ledge below me. I did not ever see him but a few minutes later bigger white tip shark, maybe 5’ showed up and swam around us and then disappeared out of sight into the darkness, Saw a small octopus that pulled back inside a small hole, chased around a couple of puffer fish and saw several large cone shells.