My photo
Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
After 35 years as an officer with the Tulsa Police Department, I retired & took a year contract job with the Kwajalein Police Dept. The wife, Scott stayed home to take care of the places and all the critters, while I headed off for my year in a tropical paradise. I am at 90% contract complete now and planning my return to the real world. I have had an amazing time and hope that you enjoy the Atoll, through my Blog. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about my time on the Rock.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dan borrowed a side-scan radar and marked some possible locations. We went out today to check on one he had marked on GPS. The marker spun out, not hitting bottom (about 200’ of line) and was too deep to dive. Did another dive instead; the rain and wind came up and we headed in. The wall of rain coming toward us was dense. It blew us into the shallow water along the west reef, in the almost zero visibility.

Been doing more snorkeling lately but got in three dives the last couple of days. Went out reefing last night and I got some small jelly fish stings on my feet but got some great Cowreys! I don’t care for this rainy season but guess it’s better than snow and cold. Had a boat scheduled this afternoon but got rained out (at least the folks I was going with).


Fun Guys to watch.
No idea what this one is?

Or these (I thought it was a steel spring at first).
Four in a row.