My photo
Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
After 35 years as an officer with the Tulsa Police Department, I retired & took a year contract job with the Kwajalein Police Dept. The wife, Scott stayed home to take care of the places and all the critters, while I headed off for my year in a tropical paradise. I am at 90% contract complete now and planning my return to the real world. I have had an amazing time and hope that you enjoy the Atoll, through my Blog. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about my time on the Rock.

Monday, September 13, 2010

It is tough taking pictures at night but then add doing it while snorkeling (holding your breath) and then throw in a current, pushing you away and there are some real challenges. Only saw a few small white tip sharks this trip. The Lion Fish(es) were trying to stay hidden but got a few shots. The eel did not like getting caught out in the open while the turtle apparently got woke up from our flashlights. He came out and took off in a flash but ran into a reef wall. We think it stunned him and he was confused when he came back toward us. So we took another round of pictures before he swam into the darkness.


Kyle showing the slug on the inside.
The Lion Fish try to hide and get away when you see them.
Woke this guy up.
Good size eel but could not get a full shot of him.