My photo
Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
After 35 years as an officer with the Tulsa Police Department, I retired & took a year contract job with the Kwajalein Police Dept. The wife, Scott stayed home to take care of the places and all the critters, while I headed off for my year in a tropical paradise. I am at 90% contract complete now and planning my return to the real world. I have had an amazing time and hope that you enjoy the Atoll, through my Blog. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about my time on the Rock.

Friday, July 30, 2010

More Fun






Last night the kids played bingo but did not win anything. Sarah enjoys reefing when ever there is a low tide. Today, first we went windboard sailing. We only had a small advanced level board so it was really hard to learn on. A couple of short rides were accomplished by Ben but I have a ton of photos of him splashing off the sides of the board. Before he was exhausted we rode the bikes back to town for supper and then back to the far side of the island for the surfing. I had arranged with Joe to bring Ben a surfboard and give him some pointers. Joe did that and off they went to challenge the waves. They have to go out over 400 yards to catch the waves; which is a tough swim even on a surf board. Once out there you had to cross the waves and then paddle madly to jump on the one you choose to attempt to ride. Ben made some good attempts before heading back to us, as Sarah and I had laughed at his misadventures, taking lots of photos. (Due to the distance the photo were not great but sure are fun to laugh at.) He looked like one tired puppy coming up the stairway; he even had a pink belly from rubbing on the board and complained about the wax on the board pulling out his chest hair. Tomorrow we have two boat dives planned. The fun just never stops here on Kwaj!