My photo
Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
After 35 years as an officer with the Tulsa Police Department, I retired & took a year contract job with the Kwajalein Police Dept. The wife, Scott stayed home to take care of the places and all the critters, while I headed off for my year in a tropical paradise. I am at 90% contract complete now and planning my return to the real world. I have had an amazing time and hope that you enjoy the Atoll, through my Blog. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about my time on the Rock.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

To The Pools!

The pools (coral areas removed for use as building material on the island) offer snorkeling during low tide, in that area in between the shore line and the ocean reef line. Check out the aerial maps to see them. You never know what you will see but it always a good work out against the tides. Jumping from pool to pool be sure to wear gloves and watch where you grab as there is usually a sea urchin hiding in all those hand holds.