My photo
Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
After 35 years as an officer with the Tulsa Police Department, I retired & took a year contract job with the Kwajalein Police Dept. The wife, Scott stayed home to take care of the places and all the critters, while I headed off for my year in a tropical paradise. I am at 90% contract complete now and planning my return to the real world. I have had an amazing time and hope that you enjoy the Atoll, through my Blog. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about my time on the Rock.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sharks!

Missed the closer shots of the sharks

Look close for the stonefish (scorpion fish really)

Can you see the transparent shrimp?

Mr. Big does not like for you to get too close.

Great day in my books! Logged 3 more dives today, a shore dive and boat dives in the Lagoon and the Ocean. Today was my first time to try out my new underwater camera. We were snorkeling in the Ocean, on the edge of the reef, by that dark, deep blue unknown, for a surface interval. Along comes a BIG gray shark, circled around and then came back towards us and headed up to check us out. My, what big eyes they have! You know it is pretty easy to swim backwards, toward the boat without splashing or moving much at all.