My photo
Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
After 35 years as an officer with the Tulsa Police Department, I retired & took a year contract job with the Kwajalein Police Dept. The wife, Scott stayed home to take care of the places and all the critters, while I headed off for my year in a tropical paradise. I am at 90% contract complete now and planning my return to the real world. I have had an amazing time and hope that you enjoy the Atoll, through my Blog. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about my time on the Rock.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Feel Guilty!


Back in Tulsa, my wife is having to fight with 4 foot tall weeds
Keep MY horses and dogs taken care of
and deal with MY personal business.

here I am….”working” a 12 hour graveyard shift almost 7,000 miles away. (Drive around, get out, walk around shaking some doors; getting in a lot walking). Did you look at the moon tonight? Here close to the equator it sure is big and bright, almost makes you think you might need some sun screen. But of course the star will not be outdone, bright as ever. There is something about a palm tree swaying around that is certainly relaxing. The tide was low allowing a long walk out on the beach to get a good look at the night and the wave splashing. Well, lunch break is over, time to get out into the night again, I’ll try and feel guilty again later J